New Visitor
iDRONE

ARRIS TG862G Port Forwarding Problems

I recently got my "ARRIS TG862g" modem/router and I've been trying to open up several ports, for example 100 - 100 (TCP/UDP) under the IP of 10.0.0.3, and it will simply not work. I saved the port and headed over to canyouseeme.org to see if it could see the port, and it could not. I tested many ports TCP, UDP, TCP/UDP etc etc, reset the ARRIS TG862G several times and still no results.

I've searched forum after forum, some saying that I've fallen into a trap for even considering to get this product because of port forwarding complications. my IPV4 is 10.0.0.3 and should work, but still nothing can see the port. I've even gone ahead and shut the firewall off just to be sure.

Does anyone have any idea on how to help me with this issue?

-Zach

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: ARRIS TG862G Port Forwarding Problems

Hello,

Comcast gateways are always trouble sooner or later.  Your best bet is to put call support and but the gateway in bridge mode and get own router.

New Visitor
iDRONE

Alright so I've gotten the Gateway Bridged, and I now am using a Zoom Router which has port forwarding. When I go to canyouseeme.org I no longer can see port 80, nor any other port I open. My IPV4 is 192.168.1.100. So when I go to open the ports I use that. Image below.

http://i.imgur.com/A8VIZ.png

I cannot see those ports either, they still say closed. I've even tried my old Linksys router and I'm getting the same issue. On a further note, isn't the Domain IP in my status supposed to be the same as what I see here http://ipv4.whatismyv6.com/ ?

The Domain IP is http://i.imgur.com/h2P0d.png

I'm very confused and still don't get why I cannot forward my ports. I have talked to Comcast to see if anything is being blocked but it's not. I've again turned all firewalls off etc.

Contributor
montecisco

Wow ...

Your Comcast router has an IP of 10.0.0.1 and the rest of your network is 192.168.1.something ? 

I don't think this can work. 

Your router and the rest of your home computers are all in different subnets. 10.0.0.1 can only communicate with other computers or devices in the address range of 10.0.0.1 thru 10.0.0.254

First thing you need to do is either change the internal IP of your comcast to 192.168.1.1 so that rest of your computers come in the same subnet range ...or change other computers in your network to either a static ip in 10.0.0.something range or configure them to get their IPs using DHCP. 

Problem is - I have done all that and still the port forwarding is not working ....i have no idea why. 

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

[ Edited ]

NM...Didn't look at the date, I'm sure IDRONE who I was responding to, has sorted his problem out by now.

Contributor
montecisco

lol...okay

well it might help someone else who googles his way to this page in future