New Visitor
New Visitor

ARRIS Touchstone Router

Trying to set up a Lynksys wireless modem and I am afarid to power down or reset the new Comcast Arris Touchstone router. That's the one for phone, internet and cable. My Lynksys and laptop are fine but the Lynksys cannot get through the Arris router to the web because it is not getting the IP address. I have not reset the Arris router because I will lose the settings for TV and telephone. Can I get into the Arris control panel and get it to recognize my Lynksys modem?.
Bronze Star Contributor

Re: ARRIS Touchstone Router

[ Edited ]
Power cycle the Arris MTA.  Just make sure no one is making a call at the moment.  When it locks back online you will have phone service back.  If your router still cannot pull an IP you will need to call tech support.  It's possible that when they provisioned you for phone service the rep messed up and set you up as phone only instead of phone and internet.

Message Edited by NetEngineer on 08-13-2006 09:30 PM

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]
unplug the power cord from teh modem and router, and then pull the battery backup from the access panel on the bottom on the of the modem. Wait a few secs say 15 or so, replace the backup battery, power cord, then power up the router.

Message Edited by Javelin3o4 on 08-14-2006 05:35 PM

Most Valued Poster
N3tb0y

Javelin3o4 wrote:
unplug the power cord from teh modem and router, and then pull the battery backup from the access panel on the bottom on the of the modem. Wait a few secs say 15 or so, replace the backup battery, power cord, then power up the router.

Message Edited by Javelin3o4 on 08-14-2006 05:35 PM

When do you power up the modem!
But don't take my word for it, ask a Comcast Forum Expert, or goto http://www.dslreports.com/
Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

Signature courtesy of Bladerunner
Connection Expert
EG

Removing the Battery shouldn't be necessary.

That's why they have a reset button.

Bronze Star Contributor

[ Edited ]
maybe i shoulda asked you to post your signal strength on your modem taht seems to be the expert answer for everything.

Comcast Cust.: My computer wont startup???

Connection Expert: Can you go to 192.168.0.1 and post your signal levels?

Message Edited by Javelin3o4 on 08-14-2006 11:10 PM

Connection Expert
EG

Are you bitter ??
Recognized Contributor
AlisMan

CBD wrote:
Trying to set up a Lynksys wireless modem and I am afarid to power down or reset the new Comcast Arris Touchstone router. That's the one for phone, internet and cable. My Lynksys and laptop are fine but the Lynksys cannot get through the Arris router to the web because it is not getting the IP address. I have not reset the Arris router because I will lose the settings for TV and telephone. Can I get into the Arris control panel and get it to recognize my Lynksys modem?.

What phone and TV settings? That's a new one.