New Visitor
andysounds

Airport > Bridge Mode > Lost Internet Connection

I am trying to view my Foscam IP Camera from an external browser. I have an airport base station recieving the Comcast signal and the IP camera is transmitting wirelessly to the network. I have set up port forwarding and I've also set up a Dyn DNS account/zone to connect remotely to the camera's static IP address.

I was advised by Dyn DNS that the airport needs to be in bridge mode in order to allow remote access to the IP camera via web browser BUT when I switch my airport base station to bridge mode, I lose my internet connection completely. Is there anyway to prevent that?

Ultimately I'd like to maintain my wireless internet connection at home while being able to view my wireless camera when I'm not at home. Will I need a router? Does anyone have any clue as to how to make this happen?

Thanks!

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: Airport > Bridge Mode > Lost Internet Connection

There is  a sticky at the top of this board named Port Forwarding primer that might help.

Need to gather some info:

The private IP address of the Camera   For Example 192.168.1.105

The Public ip adress that comcast provides to your router For Example 58.17.144.121

The Port you want to use   Such as 5555 or whatever the camera Mfr suggests.

Then log into the Router and navigate to the Port Forwarding tab.

Forward the private IP address on  Port 5555

Then go remote and browse to  http:\\58.17.144.121:5555

That should do it.

Easier thing is buy Dlink cameras and set up your account on the Dlink website

Then your dlink Camera links to the website and when you log in to your account on the website, the video is there Password protected.