Regular Contributor
viasat
Accepted Solution

Arris TG852G/CT default WEP key

I'm trying to connect to my new Arris TG852G/CT wireless gateway. Is there a default wep key or do I need to config the unit. Thx

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

Re: Arris TG852G/CT default WEP key

[ Edited ]

The SSID and wpa key is on the security label on the back of the unit.

The manual is at this LINK for your review.  It also shows how to log into the unit to make changes from default.

sec label.JPG

New Visitor
ddan7

What do I do if there is no sticker on my router???

Networking Expert
Baric

ddan7 wrote:

What do I do if there is no sticker on my router???

Did you get it from Comcast?  If so, simply log into the router following the directions in the manual link that Jay posted.  Once in, you can see all configured settings.

New Visitor
FreshCut_t70

That link is dead, how do you get the login and password?

Networking Expert
Baric

[ Edited ]

The manual for the Comcast-supplied Xfinity Wireless Gateways (of which the TG852G is one) is here:

http://media2.comcast.net/anon.comcastonline2/support/userguides/Wireless_Gateway_User_Guide_030811....

If the gateway settings have not been changed, the admin interface is at http://10.0.0.1 and the default userid is "admin" and the default password is "password".  As has been pointed out earlier, all this information is on the sticker on your gateway.  And the link ot the manual is on the admin pages.

If the address or password have been changed, then you need to reset the gateway to factory defaults (press and hold hte Reset button on the back for more than 15 seconds), or simply call the gateway support line at 800-363-2416 and have them fix it so you can log in.

New Visitor
FreshCut_t70

I did the 15 second factory reset and I still can't login to router with "admin" and "password". I will try calling the 800 number.

New Visitor
FreshCut_t70

Problem resolved, it was an error with the reset. It didn't completely take.....so the tech did another reset and now I can get into router page.