Visitor
danaaultman

Arris TG862 & iPad 3 wireless printing problem

I apologize if this post has been asked before.  I currently lease an Arris TG862 wireless gateway from Comcast, and I cannot print wirelessly from any of my Apple devices using airprint.  I've confirmed that my new HP 5520 wireless printer is 100% airprint capable.  I've also confirmed that a 2nd Cisco wireless network in my home WILL allow wireless printing from my Apple devices.  The issue is the TG862, which is NOT airprint compatible.  I see that there are a lot of posts from others having this same problem. 

Attempts to find out from Comcast Support what wireless gateway IS compatible have been futile.  I was assured last week that they would send me a compatible wireless gateway.  What I received was a plain old cable modem.  It didn't even have telephone capability.  

My question is very simple:  Does Comcast offer an airprint-compatible wireless telephony gateway to replace the TG862?  If so, what is the EXACT model so that I can try again to request receiving it? 

I know that I can revert to separate modem & wireless router (my old Cisco works perfectly), but that seems like a step backwards.  I would rather replace my Arris with an integrated device that works.  It seems simple to me, but solving this issue is proving to be very frustrating and problematic.  Can anyone help out there?  Thank you.

New Visitor
Dianexalice

Re: Arris TG862 & iPad 3 wireless printing problem

we have exactly the same problem. We have an arris TG862 router which does not support apples air print. To date Comcast have not done anything to solve the problem. We have asked them to install a bonjour compatable router. They don't seem to know what you are asking for when you speak to the customer service dept.
Visitor
danaaultman

I finally spoke to someone at Comcast who knew that the Arris was incompatible and sent me the model that IS compatible.  I'm not at home right now so I can't give you the exact model number but it started with something like "SMG" or "SMD".  If you call them, they'll know.  I replaced it and instantly had full AirPrint compatibility.  Good luck.

New Visitor
Dianexalice

Could you let me know the model number when you get home . Thanks
Connection Expert
EG

danaaultman wrote:

I'm not at home right now so I can't give you the exact model number but it started with something like "SMG" or "SMD". 

Is it possibly the SMC3GNV ?

Visitor

what did you end up getting and did it work

Visitor
danaaultman

The model I was sent was SMCD3GNV, and it worked perfectly.