New Visitor
msw_08

Arris TG862G/CT and wifi problems

I have had no problems with wifi and the modem until now. I bought a new Dell laptop and it connects to the modem but has no internet access. This same laptop connects at many other locations outside my home with no problems. I have many other laptops connect wirelessly in my house. I can get no help from Comcast without paying for the service, which I don't think I should have to do. They have actually hung up on me several times when I have called. I do know that I can attach another router, but that makes no sense either, because I already pay a monthly charge for this one and it should work. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them.

Silver Problem Solver
reasd

Re: Arris TG862G/CT and wifi problems

Hello,

Call the following number and get help to put the gateway in bridge mode and get a router and you will not have any headaches.

Try calling the gateway support folks here during regular business hours;

1-800-363-2416.

They are better trained on gateway issues than the average phone rep.

Connection Expert
EG

reasd wrote:

Try calling the gateway support folks here during regular business hours;

1-800-363-2416.

They are better trained on gateway issues than the average phone rep.

FWIW, and an FYI, actually they are far more than just "gateway support folks"..

It seems that we've been mistakenly calling them that. They are very high level techs and have much more training and technical savvy than the average phone rep. They aren't "engineers" either but they do work more closely with the engineers than do others. The dept. is actually called N.A.S.R. (National Activation and Service Repair).

Also, still copying and pasting other peoples stuff 'eh.....

Contributor
Feartheking

HI could you give a little more detail about your setup. Are you able to see your local network after you connect to the modem/router? are you on a peer to peer or server based network? any info will help including model numbers.