New Visitor
Xoine435

Arris TG862G/CT interference issue

So i just got cox today and the internet was very slow soo threw troublshooting and tech support over the interenet i found out it wifi intereferance soo i switch the channel and now i get better test result 

http://stage.results.speedtest.comcast.net/result/161371222.png a great improvement from 1.5 and below 

but as you can see still only barely better i have the blast 30mbs please anyone know what i can do? 

Regular Problem Solver
PeteC2

Re: Arris TG862G/CT interference issue

You did not state what your set-up is, but I am assuming that you tried cabling your computer directly to the gateway to ensure that this was a wireless issue?

If so, I recommend simply having Comcast bridge your gateway (call 1-800-363-2416), to disable the router functionality, and purchase a quality stand alone router.  These wireless gateways have been just a boat-load of problems for lots of folks here.

Connection Expert
EG

Xoine435 wrote:

So i just got cox today 

Do you have Cox or Comcast ?

New Visitor
Xoine435

sorry i have comcast just moved from california and yes i directly connected and have 30mbs+

What exacly is a brided connection

Regular Problem Solver
PeteC2

A bridged gateway is having Comcast disable the router, or wireless portion of the gateway, so it only acts as a modem/eMTA...no router functionality.

If you opt to use your own separate router, which is a much better solution for your wireless performance, you do not want to in effect be running two routers together.

New Visitor
Xoine435

okay i had comcast bridge my connection and hooked up my own router but i had problem my modem would not fully work right it would connect with no interenet any idea what the problem could be Surboard sbg900

Regular Problem Solver
PeteC2

Xoine435 wrote:

okay i had comcast bridge my connection and hooked up my own router but i had problem my modem would not fully work right it would connect with no interenet any idea what the problem could be Surboard sbg900

Yikes!  You hooked up a SBG900 wireless gateway modem, on top of your Arris TG862G/CT bridged, wireless gateway?

Although you might be able to use the SBG900 for its router features, the odds are that the two will not get along together. (I do not know if you can even use the SBG900 solely as a router)

Even if they did...its router functionality is 11G, certainly not what you want!  11G may be theoretically be listed at 54Mbps, forget about that.  The reality is expect no more than 20 - 22 Mbps wireless connectivity.

You need an 11N, wireless router.  Don't go bottom of the barrel, or an older, less capable model.  You want at least a mid-level model router, of recent design, by any of the major router manufacturers.