Visitor

Blu Ray no longer accessing internet

Six months ago I bought an LG LHB953 Blu Ray player.  I have enjoyed the streaming features for Netflix and Youtube but yesterday I lost the capability to play them.  All connection are good, I reset the player and when I try to set up my Netflix account, it shows the local network is good but no internet connection.  I have a Netgear N600 router and a Scientific Atlanta DPC2100 modem from Comcast.  I have come to really enjoy my Netflix streaming, I hope someone can help.

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Re: Blu Ray no longer accessing internet

Did you try  powercycling ? turn off modem , turn off router , turn off blue ray , restart modem, restart router , then blue ray .

Visitor

Ok, just gave that a try, still no joy. 

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Did you try deleting old password settings on blue ray then re-entering password ?  Other then that im out of ideas .

Visitor

I'll give that a try, thanks for the help regardless.

Visitor

Went into the setup menu.  Used the Others menu and clicked on Initialize and then Factory Set.  That did the trick.  I have no idea what caused the problem in the first place, but hopefully this will help someone else down the line.

Official Employee
ComcastChrisG

Netflix was experiencing issues with their cloud solution (AWS) yesterday, which caused a major outage. This could be why it started happening to you yesterday.

http://news.cnet.com/8301-1023_3-57560784-93/netflix-outage-mars-christmas-eve

Thanks,

Chris