Visitor
alsethji

Can't Login to XFINITY Gateway

It's been a while since I needed to get into the gateway settings and I forgot my password so I reset it. The default login of "admin/password" won't let me in still and I know it reset fully because my wifi SSID changed back to the default.

What's wrong here?

Visitor
alsethji

Re: Can't Login to XFINITY Gateway

And to top off this wonderful situation, the default WPA2 passphrase on the bottom of the modem isn't working either.

Networking Expert
kevj

alsethji wrote:

It's been a while since I needed to get into the gateway settings and I forgot my password so I reset it. The default login of "admin/password" won't let me in still and I know it reset fully because my wifi SSID changed back to the default.

What's wrong here?

Model number?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

Visitor
alsethji

ARRIS TG852G

New Visitor
Nidhoggr

Did you hold the reset button for at least 30 seconds. It is possible that the settings weren't completely reset to their defaults.

Ever hear of the 30-30-30 rule?

1. when the unit is powered on, hold down its reset button for 30 seconds
2. while still holding down the reset button, unplug the router from power and hold for an additional 30 seconds
3. still holding down the reset button, turn on power to the router again and hold for 30 more seconds