New Visitor
scottroth3073

Chromecast Issues

I just got my Chromecast, but unfortunately can't get it to work on my Xfinity wifi network and nobody in either Google or Comcast support seems to know what to do. Sounds like some settings on the router need to be modified. Has anyone been able to figure this out?

Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

Re: Chromecast Issues

Contributor
apkJeremyK

Scott,

What are you using to set it up? Phone, laptop, tablet, pc?

Connection Expert
EG
Connection Expert
EG

ATTENTION 

Your post was removed to a secure area out of public view because it violates forum posting guidelines.

Forum Guidelines state >>> clickable link http://forums.comcast.com/t5/Forum-Guidelines/Posting-Guidelines/td-p/866289 which everyone should read BEFORE making a first post

Please Don't

Post personal information in the forums

Please do your best to keep your identity and personal information safe. This includes:

Your full name
Your telephone number
Your Physical/Mailing Address
Email addresses
Credit Card numbers
Account numbers
Other personally identifiable information

Here is your post with the information removed;

I've found the solution to connect chrome cast to Comcast. easy to do. email me Joseph.XXXXXXXXX with request and I will send instructions.

Connection Expert
EG

Perhaps you could use the forum's Private Message function instead.

New Visitor
New Visitor
SA_

Hello, I recently purchased the Chromecast as well and appear to have the same issue with my Xfinity service: I am able to connect the Chromecast to my wireless network, "but can't access the internet."

Were you able to resolve this issue?

Thanks, and appreciate your input.

New Visitor
CTDDRVR

Only way I could use it was to use the Google Chrome browser. Be sure the computer you are controling the Chromecast with is on the network then just follow along. If you have previously registered your device to another network you will have to reset it by holding down the small button on the top until the light flashes.

New Visitor
wwisner64

Has anyone been able to connect the Chromecast to the xfinity gateway?

I too have been unsuccessful. 

Get error "Could not communicate with your Chromcast".

confirmed the gateway had the UPnP enabled.

I could not find AP isolation within the configurations to disable it.

No other support could be found.

Thanks

Regular Problem Solver
wrmclain

Have you downloaded the Chromcast app for your phone or tablet.  It makes set up easier.

New Visitor
GreatlyDissatis

I'm surprised you were able to get this to work.  From most of the posts, it seems that the issue is related to the wireless network Comcast gives you with their Arris router.  It seems odd that using a Chrome browser would solve that (and it didn't for me).  

Some said they solved it by rebooting the modem/router.  Do you have an Arris modem/router or are you using something else?

By the way, I have it working in a different location where I do not have an Arris router.  Works great and I believe that anyone who gets it to work will love the Chromecast.

New Visitor
GreatlyDissatis

I don't think downloading anything for a phone or browser is going to work.  From most of the posts, it seems that the issue is related to the wireless network Comcast gives you from their Arris router.  It seems odd that using a Chrome browser would solve that (and it didn't for me).  

Some said they solved it by rebooting the modem/router.  Yes, setup is easy with a browser but you have to get the Chromecast to connect to the network first and that is difficult with the Arris router.