New Visitor
ep65

Chromecast install

I just got a the Google Chromecast and am having problems with internet connections.  Anybody else have issues? Solutions?

Am conecting with .

The issue seems to be the Chromecast is not  communicating with my home network.

Thank you

New Visitor
Flares

Re: Chromecast install

I cannot install Chromecast on Comcast using a Motorola SBG6580 router/access pt. Chromecast requires UPnP to be enabled and when I do all wireless communication fails. Router help says "not my fault" and Comcast says "not my fault" but my bet is on Comcast. Chromecast help notes that Comcast blocks UPnP multicast packets which sounds to me like a problem??????????? 

New Visitor
fjff24

Did you find a solution? I have the same router model  (Motorola SBG6580). I managed to get Chromecast connected to the Network, but this in turns makes the wifi connection in the labtop to drop off after a while.....the moment I disconnect Chromecast from the TV the wifi connection on my laptop goes to normal....and at no time Chrome is able to see any cast devices...

New Visitor
fjff24

The problem seems to be on the Windows side...I installed Ubuntu and made my laptop (Lenovo X220) bootable in Win and Ubuntu. In the Ubuntu side there are no problems at all with Wifi interference or chromecast killing my laptop wifi connection. Moreover when using chrome in Ubuntu I can see my chromecast adaptor and webcast via my laptop....which on the windows side is still impossible...Not really a fix but I hope it narrows the search....  

New Visitor
PCIV

I'm also having trouble.  I have a TG862G-CT router.  Anyone else have trouble with this one?  Any solutions?

Networking Expert
kevj

fjff24 wrote:

The problem seems to be on the Windows side...I installed Ubuntu and made my laptop (Lenovo X220) bootable in Win and Ubuntu. In the Ubuntu side there are no problems at all with Wifi interference or chromecast killing my laptop wifi connection. Moreover when using chrome in Ubuntu I can see my chromecast adaptor and webcast via my laptop....which on the windows side is still impossible...Not really a fix but I hope it narrows the search....  

If you can't even see the Chromecast from your Windows OS but you can from your Linux OS, I would check firewall or other security software settings in Windows. I have successfully cast from my Win 7 laptop to my Chromecast, and I have the Comcast branded version of Norton Security Suite installed, with the Windows firewall disabled.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

New Visitor
Jr8831

Try resetting your router - it worked for me! I have a Gateway from Comcast, and, after two hours of researching it, another poster in one of the (many) install threads recommended just restarting your router. I was elated!!