Contributor
Accepted Solution

Connecting wireless printer

Santa brought me a wireless printer (Epson Artisan 837). Before I unpack the new printer and install the software, I have what might be a rookie question... I have a desktop PC running XP and a wireless laptop running Windows7. I connect to the internet with the laptop using a Comcast-supplied wireless router. My old printer is plugged directly into the desktop and the desktop is connected to the wireless router via a yellow Ethernet cable. I can share files between the laptop and desktop, but have never been able to share that old printer with my laptop. I would like to be able to use the new wireless printer with both the desktop and the laptop.  If I install the printer drivers and software in both the laptop and the desktop, will the desktop be able to print to the wireless printer even if the desktop is not wireless and the printer is not directly plugged into the desktop? 

Email Expert

Re: Connecting wireless printer

Yes. The wireless is just use to communicate from the router to the printer, the PC driver will use any network connection.

Contributor

Re: Connecting wireless printer

Thanks so much for your quick reply!  After reading your response, I took the plunge, unpacked the printer, and installed the software on both the desktop and laptop.  It works wonderfully!!!!!!  I'm printing from both like I know what I am doing!  Thanks again and Happy Holidays!