New Visitor
dee16

Disable Wifi

I need to disable Wifi on my Comcast router. There is no option to do this when i login to the router. Can someone help me with this?

Regular Contributor
shuck1

Re: Disable Wifi

[ Edited ]

you need to go to the advanced page in 192.168.100.1 use password of the day and o into MSO features

-CS

Connection Expert
EG

What is the exact make and model number of the Comcast device ?

New Visitor
dee16

It is an ARRIS TG 862

Regular Contributor
shuck1

[ Edited ]

:smileycry:

-CS

Connection Expert
EG

Unfortunately the general public doesn't learn anything using that method. That's not what a public help forum is all about.. My $.02.

Regular Contributor
shuck1

[ Edited ]

Well lucky me I have more than .02 cents. Some information is just not ment to get out to the public :smileydevil:

-CS

Connection Expert
EG

You must be a current employee if you feel that this topic is in any way "proprietary".... rolleyes2.gif

Regular Contributor
shuck1

[ Edited ]

No not an employee 

-CS

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

[ Edited ]

shuck1 wrote:

No not an employee but i do have my hand in the mix

-CS

Dee, one needs to be very careful about working out issues via private message.

shuck1 might have his "hand in the mix" but that does not guarantee he knows what he is talking about.

By keeping everything out in the open if there is anything incorrect someone else can refute the incorrect statements.  This makes it less likely for things to go wrong when trying things to fix issues.

Here in the forum people prove themselves by providing information that will benefit not only you but others.

*side note* Comcast employees must be approved by the forum administrators before they can post in the forum. Employees will have their names in RED. If someone claiming to be an employee asks for personal information/account details and that someone does not have his/her name in RED ignore the request.  There is no way to be sure the person is indeed an employee.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Regular Contributor
shuck1

[ Edited ]

Very well your loss then, :smileywink:

-CS

Service Expert
Queen-Evie

The decision is up to Dee. I just presented the downside to doing it via private message.

Comcast employees must be authorized to post in the forum in an official capacity. Employees posting here have their names in red and are designated as employees. Names not in red are customers.

This is done to protect customers and for assurance that they are dealing with a Comcast employee.
Non-Authorized Employees are allowed to post but cannot state they are employees nor can they allude to being employees.

Email Expert

shuck1 wrote:

Well lucky me I have more than .02 cents. Some information is just not ment to get out to the public so If Dee wants help than they will respond to me in private :smileysilly:

-CS

Other than her password, what about this process should not be public?

And what do you mean by "have a hand in the mix"? You seem to be intentionally evasive about this.

New Visitor
FC-32

Hello Group,

I also need information on how to disable the Wifi on Arris TC862.

Please either post or send me a Private Message.

The Reason? 

I dont want to subject my family to this strong WiFi signal all night long as we sleep (especially when nobody is utilizing the wiFi). 

It is well documented that leaving WiFi on 24/7 is a waste of electricity and not good for the human brain. 

I wish this router had a button on the outside (like my old NETGEAR router did) that disables the WiFi

Regular Problem Solver

Next stop.......the "Twilight Zone"!!!!:smileymischief:

Networking Expert
Baric

FC-32 wrote:

Hello Group,

I also need information on how to disable the Wifi on Arris TC862.

Please either post or send me a Private Message.

The Reason? 

I dont want to subject my family to this strong WiFi signal all night long as we sleep (especially when nobody is utilizing the wiFi). 

It is well documented that leaving WiFi on 24/7 is a waste of electricity and not good for the human brain. 

I wish this router had a button on the outside (like my old NETGEAR router did) that disables the WiFi

Okey dokey.  Whaetver your reasons (questionable or not), you cannot disable the wifi on the TG862 gateway yourself.  Comcast in their infinite wisdom has chosen not to provide access to that function in their very crappy firmware. So you have three choices.

1. Unplug the gateway at night.

2. Have it placed in bridge mode (which disables the router and wireless functions) by the support folks at 800-363-2416 and use your own wireless router where you CAN turn off the wifi as desired.

3. Get rid of the gateway and replace with a cable modem/ETMA and your own wireless router as in #2.

New Visitor
pcgriffith

Please elaborate.  How do I determine the password of the day?  When I go to the advanced tab,

http://192.168.100.1/cgi-bin/adv_pwd_cgi

I get the error

NET-DK/1.0 Error: 401 Unauthorized

New Visitor

For one to log into ARRIS TG 862 you need to login at 10.0.0.1. user name is admin and the password should be password. Two to diasble wirelss you must call comcast tech support, they are the only ones that can turn of the wifi.

New Visitor
hateusa

your answer makes no sense

New Visitor
hateusa

if you flass that paterick and pick a pack -a-loomis reconfigure your atomic energy storage and convert it into a zeenar diode with the capacity series, minus  celcios zero you should be able to disable your wifi, these are simple and easy instructions. thank you

Connection Expert
EG

Two year old topic closed.