New Visitor

Firmware Update for Arris TG862?

[ Edited ]

When will the Firmware Update for Arris TG862 be issued?? Right now I cannot use my iPhone or iPad fully over the Wifi 

see below post from a fellow customer. I am having the same issues

I have been having issues with iOS devices connected through the Arris gateway provided by Comcast at my home. As has been reported by several other people, iMessage content containing photos will not send over WiFi - it appears that the gateway has an issue with third party DNS services that are used by the Apple devices.

As per this page: http://mydeviceinfo.comcast.net/device.php?tier=-1&devid=296&e=0&d3=0&s=&so=&sc=500

Comcast has stated that the device can be replaced. I would like to arrange for this to be done. Please let me know what I need to do to have this completed.

Connection Expert
EG

Re: Firmware Update for Arris TG862?

Browse to this link;

http://www.comcast.com/deviceupgrade/?SCRedirect=true

Fill out and submit form.

New Visitor

[ Edited ]

this seems to be your standard response to all posts. i need an answer not a "fill this form out". Also it says the wait time is 4-6 weeks, which is a joke. 

I didn't have this issue until Comcast needlessly replaced my perfectly functioning modem.

It's very frustrating that Comcast knows there is an issue and instead of being proactive, you just decide to wait until customers contact you.

So I will ask my question again, how can I get the firmware update, so I don't have to replace my modem?

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

I'm a fellow customer. I can't possibly know when they will push a firmware update. You will just have to wait and keep complaining. Good luck.

New Visitor

My bad thought you worked for Comcast

Connection Expert
EG

No worries. This place is basically misleading... I volunteer my time helping here. :smileyhappy:

New Visitor
Brezzy85

I am so glad that I found this forum to find out that I am not the only one having issues using my IPHONE on this Arris router.  I am so over Xfinity.  SMH.  Has anyone found an update to the firmware or other solution to this problem as it prevents me from using FaceTime.  

New Visitor
Jskuykendall

I am having an issue connecting my Xbox. My laptop (Mac) and iPad are having no issues.  My Xbox recognizes the network and signal strength, but will not connect to the network. I have tried everything. It has to be the software issue with 3rd party.  It was working fine a week ago, just all of the sudden one day, kaput.

Regular Contributor
randallrivy11x

firmware updates are sent out a few times a year  as far as the iphone working with the arris  try renaming ur network to see if it will connect i had to do this a few times  in order for my phone to connect

New Visitor
jhaseltine

If you go into the router settings and click the 'restore to factory settings this will will do the trick for a few days. I have the same issues here at home and this seems to do the trick. The first time I had to do it it lasted for two days. The second time it was about a week. the third time now has been 8 days. It sucks yes, but it only takes a few minutes each time you do it. really easy to do.