New Visitor
captainpeters

Google Chromecast?

I just got a the Google Chromecast and am having problems with internet connections. Google has a number of known work arounds with routers, but not the one I use here at Xfinity. Anybody else have issues? Solutions?

I have a SMCD3GNV router. 

Am connecting with my i-phone or Microsoft tablet.

The issue seems to be the Chromecast network is not fully communicating with my home network.

Anybody?

New Visitor
JDSTITT

Re: Google Chromecast?

I am having the same problem.

New Visitor
melsungolf

I have the same problem.

Chromecast support has listed my Comcast Router saying MPnP multicast packets are blocked by the router SMCD3GNV. But they don't provide any workaround. I don't know how to unblock this in the router. I think Google should contact Comcast and find a resolution.

Connection Expert
JamesR

You could call Comcast and have them put your gateway device into bridge mode and then use a wireless router of your own that would allow you to control the routing parameters.

Contributor
cgatcombe

I have a Chromecast and it seems to work fine. I did have to relocated a repurposed Netgear wireless router to provide a stronger wireless signal in the TV room though. I have an Arris TG862 wireless router for my gateway.

Chris

New Visitor
akbersingh

Same here, very frustrating, I'm not a techie but I put in the MAC address and made sure the UPNP was enabled (which it was so I assume that's the default).

In any case, it's still not working...

New Visitor
isnull88

I have the same issue. so frustated... I am going to return chromcaste device. I called comcast and they want to charge me $50 to fix the issue. I can't believe that.

New Visitor
isnull88

I was just about going out and return my chromecast and I thought of, just for the heck of it, resetting my comcast gateway to manufacture setting. And boom, it works perfectly. So give that a try, it might work with you.

New Visitor
kd48

can you tell me what you meen by gateway device? old radio student is this on am or fm?

New Visitor
Jr8831

This TOTALLY worked! After almost two hours of trying to read up online, your post was the anwer I was looking for. I reset my Gateway, while the Chromecast was in my HDMI port, and once the Gateway came back up - viola! THANK YOU!!!! :smileygrin:

New Visitor
bmcoate

What does it mean by resetting gateway?
Connection Expert
EG

It typically refers to resetting one of those combo modem / router gateway devices back to factory defaults using the recessed reset button on the rear. This puts it in to its original clean state as it was when it left the factory.