New Visitor
Radar1
Accepted Solution

How do I connect my new Kindle Fire to WiFi?

Please Help!  I just bought a Kindle Fire HD 8.9", Dolby Audio, Dual-Band Wi-Fi.  (Figured you might need all this info -  I'm TOTALLY WiFi illiterate!)  I need step-by-step instructions please.  I tried connecting my Kindle and knew I was going nowhere fast when every WiFi connection needed a password!  And which WiFi connection on my Kindle do I choose?  Thanks so much!

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Re: How do I connect my new Kindle Fire to WiFi?

The password is often on  a sticker on the bottom of your router or wireless gateway.

If not you can log into your router or wireless gateway (usually they have login admin and password password

They have address usually of either http://10.0.0.1

or http://192.168.0.1

New Visitor
marymunoz2comca

I tried using the the numbers behind the router and modem, it will not connect

New Visitor
hollybr

I just bought a Kindle Fire HD for my husband and cannot get a wireless connection. I used the same password as I did with my Ipad and a android device and had no problem connecting with those devices. Any suggestions please. I contacted the Kindle Fire HD live chat support and they could not figure it out. It must be a comcast problem.

New Visitor
mkeela

I am having the exact same problem  ... unable to fix it so far.  HAve you?

New Visitor
Pat246

The xfinity go app works but to find wifi locations using there app locator you have to some how get the wifi app from google play store sight but for some stage reason google doesn't seem to reconize the kindle table platform and of course comcast support chat was also like limited to the kindle fire HD 8.9

New Visitor
kar54wru

I have kindle fire hdx 7 inch.  I think the problem is the security type... my TC8305C shows a security type of WPA/WPA2 TKIP while Kindle defaults to WPA/WPA2 PSK.  Kindle support says it can't be changed to TKIP.  Is there a way to get the TC8305c to accept PSK?

New Visitor
DMHOLLY

I have used info on bottom of router but will not connect - where do you go from there?

Recognized Contributor
JEMRING

Really need to start a new thread, this one is over 4 months cold.

If you are trying to connect to your own wireless network you need the same information as for any other device. Network SSID and the password for network. If you never secured your local network (really bad idea) then you could just connect.

When you open the wireless connection on your kindle does it find one or more networks? If you don't see yours on list you will need to check that radio is on and what exactly it is called (SSID) and that it has not been hidden.

If the kindle can't detect any networks it might have a hardware problem.