New Visitor

How do I set up my fax machine?

I have a lexmark x125 all in one printer. Do I need to get a extra number from comcast for my fax? If not how do I set up my Fax machine to my existing number?
Networking Expert
Baric

Re: How do I set up my fax machine?

It's up to you whether you want a seperate fax phone number or not.  But hooking up the fax is simple, just run a phone line from your wall outlet to your fax machine.  I assume you're asking because you have Comcast Digital Voice.  There's nothing special you need to do, anything you can connect to a regular phone line you can connect to the phone line provided by your EMTA.
New Visitor
MarcusIII

Having comcast digital voice, you do not use a 'wall outlet', it goes through a modem. I sure hope you do not work for comcast.

Networking Expert
Baric

Considering that most home wall phone outlets all lead back to a common point where the E-MTA is usually placed, this will work just fine in most setups.  And you're right I don't work for Comcast, if I did my name would be in RED.

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

I think it is you who has misunderstood Baric's post. And FWIW this is a two year old thread that you have revived.

Older thread locked.