Contributor
Accepted Solution

How do i enable UPnP with my SMCD3GNV Gateway?!

I have been working at this for several hours, looking online for some sort of easy solution to my problem, and hopefully you can help. I am more technolocically impared than most, so please be gentle.

I have an SMCD3GNV gateway and it is constantly saying that i have a moderat NAT type. I'm not even able to find the default IP address so i'm not able to go online and even try to change any of my settings. If someone could please help me out, all that i want to do is enable my UPnP! Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: How do i enable UPnP with my SMCD3GNV Gateway?!

You are referring to an Xbox, yes? If so..

You can turn on UPnP once you log into your gateway at Advanced -> Device Discovery _> Enable UPnP.

That may or may not work and I think it's probably just easier and to place the Xbox's IP address in the DMZ on the gateway.  That usually takes care of all NAT issues from the Xbox's perspective.

Contributor

Ok, but my gateway won't let me log in. i tried to type the address 192.168.2.1 into my internet browser because i had been told that that was the default ip address, but the browser is constantly saying that it doesn't recognize the address that i had entered.

Would i need to log in in order to place the Xbox's ip address in the DMZ? If that is truely easier, then i would like to be able to do that. like i said before though, i'm not good at all with this ip address and code-like stuff, so i apologize for my lack of knowlege and want to say i do greatly appreciate your help!

Contributor

strike my last about the ip address, i had figured out that it is 10.0.0.1 that i needed to put in order to log in, but i still don't know the pass word or username. you wouldn't happen to know what the default password and usernames are, would you?

Contributor

ok, sorry about that last one, i figured it out! thanks for all of your help again!!!

Networking Expert
Baric

Sure thing.  For those that want to know, the default IP address is indeed 10.0.0.1, so point your browser at http://10.0.0.1 and the default userid is "admin" and the default password is "password".  Secure, huh?  I do highly recommend you change the password and make sure you store it somewhere safe.

New Visitor
severum17

I tried to put the IP address of the XBox in manually and it tells me that the address must be in tnt he gateways subnet,

I dont want to mess up the router but my sons Xbox says it has moderate NAT and the UPnP shows enabled.

Any thoughts?

MikeM

New Visitor
dpease7894

I would like to mention that (at least during self-installs) Xfinity does go through a password change for the gateway's default login information, as well as the setup of the SSID and PSK.  Bit more secure!