Contributor

How to access ''Hidden Network"

I installed a new modem TM702G yesterday which I use with my own router and I'm now broadcasting a "Hidden Network".  I understand this is a Comcast program to help other Comcast customers find a hotspot when traveling.  How do I log into this 'Hidden Network" when traveling or when I need a quest network?

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: How to access ''Hidden Network"

When you are in the process of connecting a device to your Wireless Router, Do you see the Hidden Network as well as your Routers SSID and the SSID's of your neighbors?

If so, highlight the Hidden Network and see if your Wireless device will connnect.

If so, please post back with your efforts and results.

Thanks

Connection Expert
EG

Can't see how ? The 702 is NOT one of their combo modem / router gateway devices that do indeed have the public WiFi function.

Contributor

After 2 days the Hidden Network disappearedIt was in the list of networks available in my neighborhood showing the same signal strength as my own networkWhen I selected it, I was prompted for a password and nothing like Comcast, Xfinity or my password workedStrange that it should suddenly apear just when I used my new modem but it must have been a close neighborBut back to my original question, if this is meant to be a hotspot for Comcast customers, how do we access it?