New Visitor
rosebud4ever

KINDLE SET UP

I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY KINDLE WIFI

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: KINDLE SET UP

Connecting Wirelessly via Wi-Fi

If you have trouble, at what step did things fail?  What wireless router do you have?  How is it configured?

New Visitor
rosebud4ever

This was a big joke after hours I mean hours of email support there was still no results to get my kindle set up. I was so disappointed that I wanted to change my server.

How can a company as big as Comcast make something so simple so hard for the common person to accomplish? 

Connection Expert
JamesR

Did you get your kindle online using the information contained in the sticky that Baric gave you?
Cable Expert
i-am-nerdburg

rosebud4ever wrote:

This was a big joke after hours I mean hours of email support there was still no results to get my kindle set up. I was so disappointed that I wanted to change my server.

How can a company as big as Comcast make something so simple so hard for the common person to accomplish? 

Why is this Comcast's fault? They aren't responsible for your home network - you are. And setting up a Kindle couldn't be much easier. Go to settings->view Wi-Fi Settings->Select the network you want. Then type in the password.

Connection Expert
JamesR

rosebud4ever wrote:

Hooking your Kindle up is pretty simple. Couple of questions Do you have a Home Network with a wireless Router? If so do you know whether you have it configured for encryption and what the pass phrase is? Do you know w the Name or SSID of your Router? The process is, to go into the Kindle per th3e directions above. Look for the SSID of your Router and connect to it with the encryption type and Pass phrase for your Router.
New Visitor
Cactibabe

Depending on what brand of kindle you have. Mine shows in phone mode. Annoying. Can't read mesgs are too tiny. Must go to another carrier to view. Even change view doesn't work... No fun.

Cable Expert
JayInAlg

3 year old thread now locked, start a new thread if you have a question.