Visitor

Limited Access message on Wi-Fi for laptop

I am using a modem with rented comcast wireless router. I have been receiving a Wi-Fi connection message of "Limited Access" for our Laptop. This is a new issue that has me frustated. I went thru my network and checked my Firewall to ensure access for all of our devices. I was sure to enter the specific IP and MAC addresses of said Laptop. I am not having any issues with my multiple other devices except this Laptop. It is a work device that the employer IT techs checked and found no issues. This Laptop only has a problem logging into my Comcast network and no issues on many other Wi-Fi networks. I am able to run wi-fi on a tv, ipads, androids, and blueray players for Netflix. 

What am I missing?

Any ideas would be of great help.

Thanks

New Visitor

Re: Limited Access message on Wi-Fi for laptop

What router are you using from Comcast?

Visitor

netgear-N 150 Router WNR1000

modem- Moterolla Surfboard model SB5100

Visitor

Last might I reset my Router using the reset button as well as unplugging the power to recycle it. Our laptop is still showing Limited Access.

Contributor

I don't know what operating system you have but on my new windows 8 pc I was having the same problem and after updating the driver on my wireless card that seemed to do the trick. Try that and see what happens. Good luck.

Visitor

Thanks. I'm running win 7. After further research I discovered my issue was my old outdated rented wireless router was dead.
I decided to go out and purchase a more powerful 3.0 Motorola Surfboard wireless 4 port router/modem to fix my issue. I got a much more powerful device that in my situation will save me in the long run.
Thanks for the reply.
Contributor

Great I'm glad that worked out for you.