New Visitor
Invert23

Locked out of WIRELESS ROUTER Login

So I wrote down my password and username for the wireless login information to 10.0.0.1

I used it a few weeks ago, everything worked fine. I try today, and it says incorrect information. I do a factory default reset, and use "admin" and "password" still, it does'nt work. I see quite a few threads on here with people talking about this and getting no help, which is making me suspect they are up to something . I call them up, Xfinity hotline, which they say is not for Xfinity support, they direct me to another number, saying its not Xfinity support, finally the 3rd number I call says he is support, then says the last number I called was support when they said it wasnt, then directs me to another person, who then tells me I have to pay an extra 6 dollars a month, just to get my password reset. Really? Am I being Trolled by Trollcast? 160$ a month is not enough to get a password reset?

If multiple modem resets and using default passwords don't work, then reading about 500000 other people with the same exact issue and getting no assistance, what does that make you think? We all typed the wrong password and don't know how to reset a modem? lol yah right. So far all I've gotten was a bunch of odd-toned texans, and some new york accent guy begging me to give them 5 stars for their support when all they did was re-direct me to multiple lines. About to cancel if I don't figure this out...Not going to get screwed into paying for a reset. Scammers.

Visitor
joe5878

Re: Locked out of WIRELESS ROUTER Login

What brand of wireless router do you use? Only Comcast products use the 10.0.0.1 IP address.
You may find the information on this page useful: http://customer.comcast.com/help-and-support/internet/comcast-supported-routers-gateways-adapters/

New Visitor
Invert23

I am using 10.0.0.1 like they told me.SMCD3gnv

Bronze Problem Solver
Paraniod

If you held the reset button in over 15 seconds, it should have done a factory reset like you say and the user is admin password is password.

Try calling 1 800 363 2416 the people on that number handle gateways every day without charge...