Visitor
Accepted Solution

Logging in To my Netgear WNR3500 Router

I am trying to log in to my Netgear WNR 3500 router using routerlogin.net and my user ID and password are not working.  When Comcast installed my router and setup my wireless network the user ID was

admin and the password was password. I changed my administration password shortly after they installed my network to improve my security and can't locate it.

Would I have to reset my wireless router to its default setting to be able to access it and how would I do this?

Also if I reset my router to its default setting would I have to reconfigure my network again as I have 3 laptops connected to it?  Hopefully not.

Thanks..... James

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: Logging in To my Netgear WNR3500 Router

There should be a Reset button buried inside a small hole on the back of the Router.  Need to use a ball point pen or a paperclip to reach in and depress the Reset switch. This will reset the Router to original condition.  Then go back in and change the user name and PW to something you can remember.  That done, go into Wireless Security and set up the Encryption type and passphrase.  Finally set up your wireless devices to match the encryption type and passphrase that you just configured on the router.

Before you do all of that, you might want to just check to see if the Router has already been Reset to factory and if Admin and Password will get you in.

Visitor

Thanks James for your advice as its much appreciated.

I was trying to log in to my router using my wireless network name Sky165 instead of admin for the user ID

so I figured it out after looking at the Netgear documentation I had saved for my router.

I was able to log in without resetting my router to the default setting as I found my password that I had written down.

Thanks Again.......James

Connection Expert
JamesR

Excellent!  Glad you worked your way through it.

Thanks for posting back with the solution.