New Visitor
cancino45

N600 Netgear with Arris cable modem tm502g

I was wondering if anyone was having a issue setting up this home network. I have tried to ask if the modem has a bridgemode but it does not and is not supported. Second, tried to create a identical copy of the modem on my router using the mac address and default gateways. Either way I get intermittent wireless and a constantly refreshing connection. The connection wizards cannot figure it out and I am looking for new ideas on what else to try.

Thanks in advance for your ideas!

New Visitor
cancino45

Re: N600 Netgear with Arris cable modem tm502g

Actually 602

Connection Expert
EG

Re: N600 Netgear with Arris cable modem tm502g

[ Edited ]

For the "N 600" do you actually mean it's a WNDR 3700 ? The Arris device you have is a combo cable modem for internet and an eMTA telephony device for their phone service. There is no router component therefore there is no "bridge mode" or any need for it. It's already a bridge. That router will work fine with it. The one thing you need to do with the Arris is to properly reset it by using the recessed reset button on the rear each and every time that you change the device that is being directly connected to it. Try doing this before you connect the router to it so that the two devices can talk to each other and allow an internet connection.