Visitor

Need help connecting Samsung blu-ray dvd to wireless network

My new blu-ray is Netflix compatible.  I have the wireless Lan adapter hooked up and I can't connect to my network.  Network is identified, but I couldn't get it to accept my password with DNS "on", so I did the manual set up and tested the network connection:  I pass the MAC address checkpoint, and the next step which is IP, gateway, etc.  But it is now getting stuck at the "Gateway Ping" checkpoint.

Any ideas?

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: Need help connecting Samsung blu-ray dvd to wireless network

Is your wireless adapter "approved" for sue with that blu-ray player?  If it is, is it a USB model?  What kind of wireless security do you have in use on your wireless access point?  Make sure they match on the blu-ray setup and on the WAP.  And unless you give us more specifics, not much we can do except give general selections.  What model player?  what router/WAP?  How is it setup?  Exatly what options do you have selected on the player?
Visitor

I have a Samsung BD-P1600 blu-ray player, and a Samsung adapter (US:smileycool:, so I know that's compatible.  I have a Linksys router with WEP security , and I changed the password on that tonight so I knew for certain I was using the right password.

On the blu-ray you have a choice of choosing a setup with !) DHCP On and DNA Auto, (which then asks for a password and I couldn't get it to accept and connect), or 2)you select DHCP OFF and then manually configure the IP Address, SUbnet Mask and Gateway.  When I chose the second option and completed it manually based on what my network information is (obtained from online network page) and then go to the Test Network connection, there are a series of checkpoints.  I pass the MAC address check, and the IP, Subnet and Gateway check, but it gets hung up at the Gateway Ping checkpoint. (I couldn't get through any of those when I chose option #1 above)

Networking Expert
kevj

[ Edited ]

Try looking here

Message Edited by kevj on 07-15-2009 01:19 AM

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't work for Comcast...

Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

Networking Expert
Baric

Have you followed this guide?

BD-P1600 Setting up a wireless network connection

You say your router uses WEP.  That's bad, you should be using WPA or WPA2 (the player calls is WPAPSK and WPA2PSK.  WEP will work but it's not secure and sometimes you can get different flavors of WEP.  Use WPA2PSK if your Linksys supports it (your don't mention the model number).  Setup the router that way, leave broadcasting on, and then set up the player is DHCP on, DNS auto, and chose your router's SSID.  It should be that simple.