New Visitor
addcohen

Samsung Smart TV wont connect to Arris TG862

Bought a new Samsung Smart TV ES6900 from Best Buy. Was able to initially get connected to router and internet. Now I am having problems with it. Sometimes it does not recognize router. Sometimes it recognizes router but wont connect. Sometimes it connects to router but not internet. Sometimes it gets connected but immediately kicks me off. Anyone else having this problem? What are my options. I use Xfinity Cable, Internet, and Voice so I need a modem from Comcast.

Regular Problem Solver
Murphy

Re: Samsung Smart TV wont connect to Arris TG862

If at all possible connect your Samsung TV to the Gateway (modem/router) with an internet (LAN) cable.

New Visitor
bobbowman

You're not alone - I'm having the same symptoms with a new Samsung UN65ES6500 and the Arris TG862.  Everything else ( two PC's, two Macs, an iPhone and and Apple-TV) works fine, but the Samsung TV won't make and hold a connection long enough to bring up a web browser.  It's a very nice TV, but the wifi connection is hopeless.  

New Visitor
addcohen

Appreciate the suggestion but my modem is too far for that. The whole point of getting a tv with built-in wifi is to not have to use ethernet cable. any other suggestions to get wi-fi to work?

New Visitor
MDG18914

I would mimic the comment about using a LAN cable.  I was unsuccessful until I ran the hardwire to my Samsung TV.  

New Visitor
MDG18914

depending on what services you want to use on the Samsung you might consider adding a Roku which has more reliable Wifi connection than the Samsung)

New Visitor
addcohen

I tried the hardwire ethernet cable to see if it work and it did. I went a bought another wireless router (NetGear) and hooked that into my Comcast Arris router. I have the TV working off the NetGear and all is good. I was not happy about spending another $70 on a router but wanted the tv to be fully functional. Wish Comcast would not use modems that don't fully work.

New Visitor
kebobmm

Hi addcohen...I think I am having a similar problem with my smart LG...just does not seem to smoothly stream as I expected it should, after subscribing to Comcast's "Blast" upgrade.  Can you give me some direction on how to make the cable connections bewteen the Arris and whatever router I might add, as you did?  Thanks

Connection Expert
EG

addcohen wrote:

I went a bought another wireless router (NetGear) and hooked that into my Comcast Arris router. I have the TV working off the NetGear and all is good.

FWIW, you now should really call in to have your Arris device put in to bridge mode because you are now cascading two routing devices (a double NAT condition) which will work but is not desirable and can lead to performance / configuration issues on your home network.

New Visitor
Soi22

I spent all day being bounced around on Tech support only to find out here that, as others have said, you need to use LAN connection.
Connection Expert
EG

Year old thread closed.