Contributor
zulufoto

Samsung TV won't connect to internet

I'm trying to get my Samsung tv connected with the wireless adapter and not having luck.   When I had AT&T internet, I didn't have a problem with the wireless TV, but since switching to Comcast, it no longer accepts my password.  

When I go into the settings and select my network (which it finds without any issue), and prompts for my pin, I put my password in and it times me out and says "cannot connect" or something simliar.    I know the password is correct and the wireless network is working fine because I'm looking at my Ipad and my iphone, which are both connected without issue.  

I suspect it has something to do with a modem setting that maybe comes with the modem or router, since it used to work with DSL router and modem.   Any suggestions?  

Samsung 3D Plasma with internet  (can't find the model number and the tv is mounted to the wall, but it's 2 years old)

Netgear wireless router:  WGR614

Modem:  Motorola Surfboard SB6120

Samsung Wireless link:  on

network type:  wireless

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Re: Samsung TV won't connect to internet

Are you planing on watching hd tv on your 2003 g router?

Contributor
zulufoto

[ Edited ]

It's the router that Comcast gave me.  But, yes, I would like the option.  

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

[ Edited ]

Buy a real dual band wireless n router >$100 made by asus or netgear.

E.g. the n600 or n900 by netgear.

Contributor
zulufoto

[ Edited ]

Alright, thanks for the heads up on that!    I'll try that and see what happens.  

Contributor
zulufoto

Ok...so I went out and bought a Netgear N750 wireless router, set it up, connected my iphone and ipad to it, along with my computer....tried to connect the tv using the password and it's still giving me the same error  "cannot connect".    Any other suggestions? 

Contributor
zulufoto

Posted before, but still having an issue....

I'm trying to get my Samsung tv connected with the wireless adapter and not having luck.   When I had AT&T internet, I didn't have a problem with the wireless TV, but since switching to Comcast, it no longer accepts my password.  

When I go into the settings and select my network (which it finds without any issue), and prompts for my pin, I put my password in and it times me out and says "cannot connect" or something simliar.    I know the password is correct and the wireless network is working fine because I'm looking at my Ipad and my iphone, which are both connected without issue.  

I suspect it has something to do with a modem setting that maybe comes with the modem or router, since it used to work with DSL router and modem.   Any suggestions?  

Samsung 3D Plasma with internet  (can't find the model number and the tv is mounted to the wall, but it's 2 years old)

UPDATED:  bought a Netgear N750 wireless router, set it up, connected my iphone and ipad to it, along with my computer....tried to connect the tv using the password and it's still giving me the same error  "cannot connect".    Any other suggestions?

Contributor
zulufoto

Posted before, but still having an issue....

UPDATED:  bought a Netgear N750 wireless router, set it up, connected my iphone and ipad to it, along with my computer....tried to connect the tv using the password and it's still giving me the same error  "cannot connect".    Any other suggestions?