New Visitor
JGH1350

Smart TV connection

I recently purchased an LED Smart TV. When I try to connect to the internet on my TV via my wireless, I get the connection to my wireless router, but then get an error message that says I need to contact my service provider. (so I can't download apps etc on my TV) Is there some other step I need to do? It o sclearly seeing my WiFi connection, and both my internet and my TV are through Xfinity.

Thansk!

Regular Contributor
ZundapMan

Re: Smart TV connection

We would need more information about your network and the TV to be much help.  Do you have a router which provides DNS services downstream of your cable modem?  If Comcast "thinks" the TV is a Computer, you may need to "register" the device's MAC address with their network before it will work properly.  I'd recommend a phone call to Tech Support.

New Visitor
Troyking

I have a smart tv and I'm trying to activate the app. It doesn't, let me because I can't find the provide the name Comcast

Connection Expert
JamesR

Do youknow the Encryption type and WIFI Password that is configured in your Router?

you will need to enter that in from the Smart TV to connect to the Wireless Router.

Either that or just use an ethernet cable.