New Visitor
R_Andrews

TC8305C Bridge mode - Web Access address?

Greetings,

I just activated comcast Blast internet speed today, and picked up a modem at the local store, it is a Technicolor TC8305C, originally you could access it via the 10.0.0.1 address, to see signal levels and such, but I wanted it to be in bridge mode so I could handle the Nating/dhcp/routing via my RT-N66 Asus router/wireless device. I was able to call comcast and get bridge mode activated easily (unlike some here I got lucky I suppose?? otherwise I had all the instructions on what the tech needed to access just in case :smileyhappy: )..... But now I can not hit the modem in bridge mode to check signal levels, I assumed it would still have the 10.0.0.1 address which I had routed corrected on my router (my old DSL also used 10.0.0.1 so it already had a mapping to forward 10.0.0.X address out the Wan port) however that address seems to be no longer the correct one for bridge mode.

I notice the Arris version of this device the TG862G people have said 192.168.100.1 is the new address if it is in bridge mode, I tried to route that but it MAY not work due to the fact my internal DHCP address range is 192.168.100.X.....

Was hoping one of the Tech(s) here or someone more experienced with these devices (they seem WAY less common/popular than the Arris TG862G!), would know the new address for accessing the web interface to check signal levels and the troubleshooting log and such (for future diagnosing of any issues)..

Thank ya for your time,

New Visitor
R_Andrews

Re: TC8305C Bridge mode - Web Access address?

Gah..

Just answered my own question, I realized what I should do to check if it IS 192.168.100.1 and that was setup a portable with a static on that subnet, and put it in one of the extra 3 ports and try 192.168.100.1 and it worked perfectly... now i have to think about changing my internet address range so I can access that from inside my router(s) networked area....

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: TC8305C Bridge mode - Web Access address?

Nice catch! Thanks for posting back.