New Visitor
rchhe

Turn DOCSIS modem into bridge mode and disable xfinitywireless public hotspot

I will like to disable the wireless on the DOCSIS modem and disable the public hotspot that seems to be enabled within the past week or so. I have called Comcast's public customer support phone numbers- and as it can probably guessed, their stellar customer support people have no idea what I am talking about- and are sometimes downright rude. Please help!
Networking Expert
kevj

Re: Turn DOCSIS modem into bridge mode and disable xfinitywireless public hotspot

rchhe wrote:
I will like to disable the wireless on the DOCSIS modem and disable the public hotspot that seems to be enabled within the past week or so. I have called Comcast's public customer support phone numbers- and as it can probably guessed, their stellar customer support people have no idea what I am talking about- and are sometimes downright rude. Please help!

Try contacting them through the Support online chat. People seem to have better luck there that with the phone support reps:

https://www.comcastsupport.com/chatentry/

---------------------------------------
Help us to help you!!
- respond to requests for info
- post back if your issue is resolved
- mark appropriate posts as solutions

Send feedback to Comcast using the 'feedback' link on this page:
http://www.comcast.com/Corporate/Customers/CustomerGuarantee.html?SCRedirect=true

New Visitor
rchhe

Re: Turn DOCSIS modem into bridge mode and disable xfinitywireless public hotspot

Thanks. It worked. One chat session and I am good.

New Visitor
guttersniper

I'm having no luck trying to do the same thing... did they have you change settings yourself?  I'm going nuts trying to opt-out of the publc broadcast, been on chat, been on customer service... spoken to 6 people who have no clue what I'm talking about.  Apparently the ability to toggle and thus disable this broadcasting was removed from the self-service features on my account page.  

New Visitor
rchhe

No, I did not do anything. Just asked them to change the modem into bridge mode- so that traffic passes through the modem to my router. That was all. They verified my account (duh!) and then bridged the Arris modem.