New Visitor
lamp123

Unable to join the Network on iPAD/iPOD using Arris TG-862

Last weel Comcast installed phone and internet service. We are unable to connect any Apple products to the network. We are using wireless router Arris TG-862 which has phone attached to. We can see the network but continuously gives message "Unable to join the Network". Have tried to "Forget the network", restart ipod/iPAD and try again but no success. Please help. Thank you.

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: Unable to join the Network on iPAD/iPOD using Arris TG-862

Change the wireless setup on the gateway.  Log in, go to Gateway -> Connect -> WiFi and press the EDIT button next to your wireless network.  For encryption, change the setting to WPA2PSK-AES.  Press SAVE SETTINGS, and then reboot the gateway by pressing and holding the Reset button for 2-5 seconds.  Now try again, forget the network on the iPad and try connecting again.

New Visitor
A217465

After switchiing to channel 11 on the router, all is good. The encryption setting I'm using is the recommended one. I think I'll keep it since all is ok. Thanks for your input.
New Visitor
wilkcrew

i both changed the security mode and channel to 11 but still doesnt work!!! whats wrong!!!!! 

New Visitor
calvin21144

Baric's fix worked perfectly THANX!!!!!

Connection Expert
EG

wilkcrew wrote:

i both changed the security mode and channel to 11 but still doesn't work!!! whats wrong!!!!! 

FWIW, just changing to "channel 11" is not a universal or otherwise guaranteed fix. The channel being used is just a conveyance like any other wireless channel. The one difference is it may have less (or more) interference / congestion which is totally dependent on everyone's unique and individual neighborhood / environment.

New Visitor
calvin21144

Baric's fix worked for a couple days but now I am having the same issues.  My two Windows laptops are rock solid on wireless but my andriod devices (tablet and phones) and my Ipad will not connect again.

New Visitor
dtcustodio

[ Edited ]

Yup barics fix worked for me. My gnex and wifes 4s weren't able to connect to the network Before that. iPad 3 and asus laptop were fine though.

Networking Expert
Baric

[ Edited ]

calvin21144 wrote:

Baric's fix worked for a couple days but now I am having the same issues.  My two Windows laptops are rock solid on wireless but my andriod devices (tablet and phones) and my Ipad will not connect again.

Try changing the wireless channel.  It's set for automatic sellection, go manual and try 1 or 11.

Even better, either get rid of the Xfinity Wireless gateway or have it put into bridge mode by NASR folks at 800-363-2416, and get your own decent wireless router.  The Xfinity gateways are incredibly bad wireless routers.

New Visitor
mcelhinney1

I had to reset my network settings on both my ipad and iphone and it worked for me.. our issue seemed to time with a software update that was pushed out