New Visitor
tdgreer1203

Very Slow Speeds Arris TG862

I'm getting speeds of only 1MBps (On a 30MBps connection) on my Gateway NV77H19u that I just upgraded to Windows 8 (this is when it started). The computer uses a Broadcom 802.11n Network Adapter, and:

1. Will get correct speeds in other locations (20MBps at work).

2. Was getting correct speeds at home under Windows 7.

The modem was having an issue connecting to the laptop, but that has been resolved, however the speeds are still very slow.

1. The modem has been reset, but the problem persists.

2. The modem is able to provide proper speeds to other laptops, even ones running Windows 8 (different brands though).

Has anyone else had this problem? I'm posting just in case there is anyone else out there, but I know this is a very specific problem, as it seems to only exist when you get this brand of wifi card, and this brand of modem together. Thank you all for your time.

Bronze Problem Solver
UHFhd

Re: Very Slow Speeds Arris TG862

[ Edited ]

From what i'v read sounds like it could be a driver problem . Reinstalling windows 7 driver for network adapter may work . Or getting a different wireless adapter using that untill answer is found .

New Visitor
tdgreer1203

Re: Very Slow Speeds Arris TG862

I think you're right, but what's crazy is, Gateway.com has the driver set as an Atheros driver, while Windows 8 is loading it's own Broadcom driver. The problem I'm having, is that I can't force the Atheros driver in on Windows 8. It keeps telling me that it has determined I have the best driver. Any thoughts on how to remedy that? I've Googled the problem, and tried some ways to force it, but so far nothing has worked.