Visitor
carterfam801
Accepted Solution

Wireless Issue

I have the following equipment Arris Interactive, L.L.C. TG862G, and several times a day the wireless connection drops and I have to reset the device.

This is annoying!!! Does anyone else have this issue?

I work from home two days a week and I can't have this happen all the time, it is a nuisance.

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: Wireless Issue

Has it always exhibited instability?  Or, does this represent a recent change?

Can you correlate the drops with someone walking in with an Iphone?  There have been reports of IPhone interaction with wifi recently.

Does the Cabled connection stay up when the wireless connection drops?

Connection Expert
EG

[ Edited ]

The forums are loaded with posts showing miserable wireless performance with that device !!! You may be better off calling in and having them put it in to bridge so that it acts as a plain vanilla cable modem and then use your own high quality wireless router with it.

Visitor
carterfam801

It has not always exhibited instability, this is recent. No changes have been made. No one has an Iphone in this house.

The cabled connection is fine when wireless drops. By the way this happens on both laptops that use wireless.

Visitor
carterfam801

That's just great! Why can't I just get a device from Comcast that actually works?????

I had a wireless router that I used to use before I got this device, but I lost the power supply, so the router was thrown away!!!

This is frustrating!

Thanks for the information though!

Visitor

I feel your pain!  I was sold an "ugrade" to my Comcast package to save some money so I took it.  I specifically asked the guy when he told me I was going to get a new modem was everything going to stay the same because I currently have WiFi in my house and want it to stay that way because I have laptops, iPhones & iPods and he said yes!

I received the new modem (arris tg862), installed it with some difficulty but got it up and running.  Although now I can't seem to even connect to my email on the computer the modem is plugged in to but that's another topic. 

My family & I were having problems connecting our iPhones and iPods back to the modem so I called Comcast. They proceeded to tell me that the internet connection was working so it was a problem with the WiFi so I'd have to be connected to Xfinity.  Ok, fine whatever just get it working again.

I was put in touch with a woman and once again had to explain the situation and she told me that they could go in and fix the problem by setting up all new information in my computer which would allow up to 4 laptop computers and mobile devices to work with the new modem.....for a nominal one-time fee of $79.95.  What????  Everything was working perfectly before so why isn't it now?  She proceeds to continue on a synopis of the new modem and how they had to change the settings in the computer and in order to continue with the package once they updated my computer it would be an additional $9.95/month fee.

Are you seriously kidding me?

I have never felt so conned in my life and I am absolutely disappointed in the under handedness I feel Comcast.

Good luck!

Connection Expert
JamesR

What I did in a similar circumstance was buy my own Modem and Router and return the Comcast device so that I did not have to pay the monthly rental fee.

If you decide to do that, make sure you get a hand receipt when you turn your comcast modem in.  Also follow up to make sure that they take it off your bill.

New Visitor
dru405

My Arris has been doing this also , plus i have issues getting my iphone on wifi with it

New Visitor
DemCra

Arris Interactive, L.L.C. TG862G is a piece of junk.  Since receiving this thing, it looks good but it doesn't work.  The Wifi drops constantly and I can't get on XBox Live anymore.  My phone is always searching, my wife's Tablet is constantly doing the same thing.  This will be the 5th call to get this thing working.