New Visitor
MLAsher

Wireless router

I have Comcast Triple Play. Arris TM602G/CT voice & data modem. Motorola wireless router sb5101. I have been constantly getting knocked off the 'Net. When I hook up directly from the Arris modem to my laptop, then the Internet is ALWAYS on. When I connect thru my Motorola wireless router, then I am not getting good service. Is this because of the wireless router or should I upgrade to the new DOCSIS 3.0 data modem for the new IPv6/speeds? I lease my modem from Comcast for $7.00 per month. Will I have to actually buy a new DOCSIS 3.0 modem? If it is the router, will I have to buy a new router? If these new speeds have caused people with the older modems to have problems, then why didn't Comcast warn us? Can I resolve all this thru my local Comcast office? I need to fix this as my printer is wireless and as long as I am hooked up going around the wireless router, then I can not print (w/o a diff. printer set-up).

Help, MLAsher

Gold Problem Solver
BruceW

Re: Wireless router

Could you double-check the router brand and model? "SB5101" is a modem.

New Visitor
MLAsher

To: BruceW: The router is MyEssentials "Wireless G Router" from Comcast. I got the sb5101 from the Comcast site. My problem is solved. I used the solution given to "MominSeabrook" which was: CP>Network/Sharing>Change adapter setting>Right click on wireless adapter (typically: Wireless Network connection)>Select Properties>Click on Configure>Select Power Mgmt>Uncheck Box: "Allow computer to turn off...">Click OK. This was 100% accurate!!! Thanks to this forum for helping.

Bronze Problem Solver
cjerian

Buy a new dual band wireless n router. (asus or netgear are my favorites).

g routers won't work at these speeds at all.

Connection Expert
EG

That modem will only deliver about 30-35 Mbps down as well. If one has Blast 50/10 or faster then this will also be an issue. OP, you should be able to request them for a swap to a DOCSIS 3 capable modem if you don't want to buy one. It will still be $7.00 dollars.

New Visitor
MLAsher

Thanks to cjerian & EG. Will do. Thanks again for all your expert advice. MLAsher

Connection Expert
EG

Happy surfing ! :smileyhappy: