New Visitor
ddcddc

how do I enable UPnP on my router

how do I enable UPnP on my router so I can use my Panasonic network camera for remote access

New Visitor
RoyBoy11

Re: how do I enable UPnP on my router

You enable UPNP on pc ONLY typically.

using 'run' command for shell type in 'services.msc' as administrative account.

Look for UPNP device host. Right click on properties andclick start and also make startup automatic.

Note in windows 7 there are dependencies like sssp and pnumserices  that need to be started as well.

Make sure to open up firewall temporarily to discover your lan devices.

Normally you do NOT want UPNP on in your internet router. This createds a BIG security hole.

It is better off OFF,

R

Networking Expert
Baric

Unless the network camera explicitly requires it, I would agree, leave UPnP off.  If you want it on, then you're have to tell us what exact router you have.  There is usually a setting to turn it on or off in the router's admin interface if it's supported ((most do, but not all)).  Consult your manual for details.

New Visitor
ddcddc

I really apreciate the replies. I've been trying viewnetcam.com with no luck so will try to avoid the UPnP route.

Thanks

New Visitor
justincar

I'm trying to enable UPnP on my PS3.  I have a linksystem router, and a sonicwall TZ180. I have tried them both and can"t get UPnP.  I have even hooked strait to the modem (scientific Atlantis 2100 cable modem) and still get the message UPnP unavailable. Any Ideas?

thanks

Networking Expert
Baric

[ Edited ]

I'm not sure what you are trying to accomplish exactly, perhaps if you explained more fully?

Sonicwalls don't support UPnP.  Linksys does, but since you did not say what exact router model you have, it's impossible to say for sure or give directions to activate it. If you are directly connected to the cable modem, there's no UPnP there either.