New Visitor
Dtms8186

how to connect to wifi with Nook

I'm trying to connect my nook to wifi at home.  It asks for the password and when I type it in it says it's not correct?

Networking Expert
Baric

Re: how to connect to wifi with Nook

Are you sure you're using the right wireless password?  Are you sure you're finding the proper wireless network?  If I do a scan on my laptop, I get 3 other wireless networks belonging to neighbors, etc.

If you're not sure, reset your wireless password to make sure its what you think it is and try again.  Just remember if you change it, any other wireless clients will have to be updated with the new password or they will lose access to the wireless router.

If you need more help, you'll have to explain your network setup in specific detail, like router, wireless config, other wireless clients in use, etc.

Connection Expert
JamesR

Generically, you need to:

1.  Use a Computer to browse into your router

2.  Goto the Wireless settings and make note of the SSID, Encryption Type and passphrase for your router

3.  Goto your Nook and scan for the SSID  of your Router and connect to it

4.  Enter the Encryption type and Passphrase into your Nook

If you don't remember the UID and assword to browse into your Router you will need to give us the Make amd model of your router.

Connection Expert
EG

Split out in to its own new thread / topic here on this board. Click on the above link to follow it.

Connection Expert
EG

Two year old thread closed.