Visitor
jujubeezz

intermittent wifi

My modem is an arris tg862g/ct and does not have a battery in the bottom. Since my service went to blast it has been hit and miss with being able to conect thru wifi. Comcast has done something on their end to try and take care of it. I have reset my modem which took care of the problem for a short time. When the wifi light is steady no connection when blinking it seems to work. Most of the time it slow for all my devices.

Can anyone offer some suggestions in not so techie language? I am not sure if I need to replace the modem or do something else. Modem also serves as router.

Thank you for any and all support.

Visitor
lamfamily2004

Re: intermittent wifi

[ Edited ]

I'm having the exact same problem, just recently upgraded to Blast! and now having intermittent WiFi and when WiFi does work, DL speed is 0.54 Mbps and UL is 12.5 Mbps average..............really? If I'm connect through ethernet, speeds are fine and connection is fine. 

Update: Just got off Online Chat and here's what the Rep did:

Jose Raphael : I will change some setting on my end

Jose Raphael : We may get disconnected for a minute or two

Jose Raphael : Please do not close this chat session

Jose Raphael : Thank you.

Jose Raphael : Your gateway's bridge mode is not set to enabled or disabled.

Jose Raphael : I changed it to disabled.

Me: okay?

Jose Raphael : I also enabled your wireless connection which is not enabled on our end.

Once he made those changes, I'm not having issues with WiFi.....................(fingers crossed).

Official Employee
ComcastTuska

If your still haivng wireless issues with your 852/862 Please PM me your cable modem MAC or public IPv4 address.

Senior Network Engineer, Comcast
v6 Project
Visitor
lamfamily2004

nope, issue is still present sent you a PM.

Ethernet speeds are 55Mpbs DL and 12 Mbps UL

WiFi is 1 Mbps DL and 12 Mbps UL

Visitor

My wifi does not reach where it should;  iPhone can't connect, smart TV connection is very spotty.  What info can I send you so it can be fixed?  I have an Arris TG862G/CT since Feb 2013.

New Visitor
Marsh527

Was this ever resolved? I'm having the exact same issue...

New Visitor
snafu8702

I have been having this problem too for about 1 to 2 months. Can seem to get it fixed. What's happened?
Contributor
UnHappyWithWifi

Same issue as the others in this forum. Wifi has worked fine for a year with 28 UL and 5 DL speeds. Suddenly (overnight) my wifi speeds are all over the board. I have the same Arris tg862g/ct gateway. If I use an ethernet cable, speed is normal 28/5. Wifi is 0-10 UL and 0-5 DL jumping everytime I test it. Xfinity has sent refresh signals, changed channels, sent out a technician, all say everything is fine. All I know is that for a year my wifi speed was 28/5, now it is not good enought to watch a YouTube video.

Official Employee
ComcastTuska

snafu8702 wrote:
I have been having this problem too for about 1 to 2 months. Can seem to get it fixed. What's happened?

What is the issue your having?

Senior Network Engineer, Comcast
v6 Project
Contributor
iplaman

Hi,

there are big problems in the past 1-2 month, just look in the forum.

In my opinoin, It is a result of a software upgrade to the router tg862 see here.

Instead of wasting your time blaming people for their wrong configuration/ hardware problems can someone please take responsibility and tell Arris to fix it or to rollback the upgrade?

Why not saving thousands of calls/ chats/ field people visits in one move?

Please reply with updates

New Visitor
wtbtim

[ Edited ]

Hi, could you help me with my Arris TG862 the wifi is intermittent. 

Thanks

Tim

New Visitor
ajsaunders84

[ Edited ]

I don't know how to pm, but I just recently started having interment connection and low speed issues when I can connect. Comcast says I have the newest modem. I tried several troubleshooting things with tech on the phone. When that didn't get me anywhere I went to a service center and replaced the modem with another one. Now after activation it seems I'm still having the same problem. speedtest.net averages around 1.5 Mbps down and 2 Mbps up while on wifi. Connected to an Ethernet cable it soars to 52-55 Mbps down and 10-11 Mbps up. As most of my devices are connected via wifi this is a game changer for me. Please help me correct this issue so I can continue using comcast.

New Visitor
rgv102

Hello Everyone,

Was this issue ever resolved? I'm having the exact same problem. The DL speed on Wi-Fi remains between 0-5 Mbps and UL speed is constant at 10-11 Mbps. However on the Ethernet, the DL speed is 55-56 Mbps and UL speed is 10-11 Mbps.

Already technicians have visited 2-3 times but to no avail. The customer service guys just ask me to reset the modem and do something on their end which isn't helpful at all. Its becoming really frustrating now.

New Visitor
qmsp

I guess I'll add my voice to the conversation.  I have been having the same issues with the Arris TG862.  Intermittent WiFi connectivity.  I have reset it, the customer service has reset it, signals have been sent and my last conversation was yesterday.  Is the problem with the router?  Can Comcast just offer a more stable system?

New Visitor
sokoris

I am having the same problem with the Arris TG862.  As a result, my family is blowing through our data limit with Verizon and this is costing me real money.  I have reset the modem, but wifi connectivity is spotty.  My Samsung tablet seems to connect ok, but my phone (Samsung) drops wifi every time I leave the house and will not rejoin automatically when I return.  My wife and kids all have iPhones and iPads and cannot connect, and neither can I connect my IBM/Lenovo or Toshiba laptops.  I need an answer ASAP.

New Visitor
505Fox

I have been having similar issues with dropped WiFi signals since December 2013. All of a sudden we began having dropped internet connection, even though the signal from the wireless router remains strong. The problem is more pronounced the farther we are from the router, but will occur even if we are within line of sight of the router. We had an older DLink router, which was upgraded to a new Linksys router. We changed the cable modem with Comcast, but have not tried the Comcast router as we were not given the connection information. We have changed the router channel to 11 and I downloaded a program that searched for nearby signals and none of my neighbors are on the same channel. I even changed the surge protector on the advice of a network engineer. None of these things have worked. We get dropouts about every 5  minutes, lasting for about 5 minutes. I am unable to reliably connect to my work VPN or watch a show on our smart TV without getting dropped. 

I see a lot of people asking for help on this forum and no answers. Has anyone been able to resolve their similar issues?