Contributor
Drigout

smcd3g-ccr Password Reset

I have a Comcast branded smcd3g-ccr Modem/Router and it worked great but all of a sudden the login/password no longer works I no longer have access to it.

So I did a full hard reset and still can not have access to it.

I have tried the default for the comcast version of this modem/router Login:cusadmin Pass:highspeed

I have also tried the SMC default login of Login:cusadmin Pass:smileysilly:assword

I have tried other passwords liek smcadmin etc... all combinations.

From reading on the Comcast Business Forums it seems to be happening to everyone 

http://forums.businesshelp.comcast.com/t5/Equipment-Issues-Modems-Gateways/Router-cable-password-cha...

I tried online chat with customer service and they said the only way to fix it is to upgrade to a business account.

I am not going to pay more to have something fixed that is most likely a comcast problem.

How can this be resolved?

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: smcd3g-ccr Password Reset

If  it were me, I would call in and ask for a replacement unit.

Contributor
Drigout

It is purchased and not rented :smileysad:

I purchased it from a company going out of business. It is a great Modem/Router and still works great but I can no longer log into it and made changes to my settings.

Connection Expert
JamesR

Have you made contact with the manufacturers Tech Support?

Contributor
Drigout

Yes but since it is Comcast branded they send me to comcast so I keep going in circles.

I tried the hard reset from Manifacturer and from comcast user manuals neither work. :smileysad:

Contributor
Drigout

I am going to try again tonight by doing multiple Hard resets before trying each password incase the modem locks after X number of login attempts. So far from what I can tell I can keep trying to login indefinitely which seems odd to me.

Contributor
Drigout

Another interesting thing is I do not think the Hard resets are working, some of my port fowardings are still working even after a 30/30/30.

Connection Expert
EG

Sometimes the mechanical reset button malfunctions. For a full hard reset you can unplug the device from the A.C. power outlet and also remove the built in backup battery for a couple of minutes.

Contributor
Drigout

Well the reset just worked and oddly it gave me a different home IP than it had in previous hard resets 10.1.10.1 which is weird because the SMC default  IP is 192.168.0.1 and the Comcast default IP for this modem is 192.168.1.1 so weird but it works YAY I do not know who did what or how it worked but it does :smileyhappy:

FYI the reset button had been working as I could see the lights change as the reset was performed it would just not reset and not let me log in.