New Visitor

wireless network adapter may have configuration problem error message

I am getting this error message when attempting to connect my lap top "wireless network adapter may have configuration problem"  Using Window XP, IBM Thinkpad T40, and IBM Access Connections.  Have powered everything down, reinstalled the Cisco PCI Wireless Adpater Driver. 

Any suggestions

Connection Expert
EG

Re: wireless network adapter may have configuration problem error message

What does the "error message" say exactly ? Can you please provide a little more in depth information ?

Contributor

yo your may have problem I had. Can you go to your router's web site and see what your settings are for your MAC settings. Make sure yo do not have it set to only allow certain addreses. Disable use of filters and it should connect. Make sure you can see your nework name diplayed when you try to connect and you are using the correct password.

Networking Expert
Baric

Is this a work system?  If not, get rid of IBM Access Connections or deactivate it.  Make sure XP has at least Service Pack 3 plus the latest fixes, and then configure using the XP Wireless Zero Config client, NOT the IBM client.  Use the Wireless tab on the wireless adapter's connection properties.