New Visitor
whirlydeb

wireless network disappeared from my list

Help.  I haven't changed anything on my computer at all and the network name disappeared from my list and I can't figure out where it went or how to get it back.  My other devices are fine and have wireless.  How do I get the network to show up again?  Please note, I am truly computer challenged.  Thanks

Connection Expert
JamesR

Re: wireless network disappeared from my list

Can you move your computer closer to the router to see if you can pick up the signal again?

That would indicate a decreae in signal strength has odddurred.  Or perhaps somthing is providing Radio Frequency Interference such as a cordless phone base or handset.

New Visitor
whirlydeb

Good thought, but nope.  That isn't the problem.  I tried to move closer to the router and there are no other devices that might interfere.

New Visitor
whirlydeb

OK. No laughing please...... I had absolutely no idea there is an honest to goodness physical button on my computer that enables your wireless access and picks up the wireless networks that are available.  I guess I had hit it by accident and turned it off.  DUMMY ME.  All right.  Go ahead and laugh.  Problem solved.

Connection Expert
JamesR

Hey, its a learning process.  Same thing happened to me and may again some day.

Hard to notice that little switch.