Regular Visitor

Blank page on replying to email

After viewing emails in my inbox, if I attempt to reply to the sender, it goes to the reply page but immediately  goes to blank page and I have to open a saved draft which does not show the original email anymore?????

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: Blank page on replying to email

Which web browser? Using Xfinity Connect normal or lite? Are you composing email as HTML?

There was an issue with composing as HTML causing some problems with some browsers, but I thought that was fixed.

Regular Visitor

I have no idea, all I do is hit reply and start sending an email

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Is this a new experience or has it always been like this? 

I'm assuming here that you are using some sort of Mac and that you are using the web-based email rather than the built-in email client. You haven't explained what you are using.

If you are using the built-in email client, which version of Mac OS are you using?

Regular Visitor

I'm using a brand new Mac Air 10.6.8 and yhe same thing happened when I ussed an older Macbook. However, I just noticed that if I try it the second time it allows me to see what was sent from the original email. ????????

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Okay, so I'm guessing that you are using the web-based email in some web browser. Can we guess Safari? I think so, because I just had the same experience. However, I can't make it happen again.

Maybe Safari isn't responding fast enough or handling the HTML correctly. 

Things to try when this happens:

- don't start typing a reply; cancel; try again

- click the check box in front of the message before choosing reply

Other than switching to the Lite version of mail, I don't know what to suggest especially if you can get the right stuff if you try again. You could switch to Lite. You could use a different web browser such as Firefox or Chrome. But that may be harder than just starting a reply twice. I saw the bug only that one time. I can't reproduce it.

Regular Visitor

Thanks, I think  that works

Dave