New Visitor
tammythemongoos

CAN I GET IMAP ON MY APPLE MAIL.APP in SNOW LEOPARD? I have comcast as pop right now

Hi. Sorry I could not find a recent response so let me ask this

1. I am running snow leopard latest everything on 3 macs - 2 desktop 1 lap top.

2. When I set up comcast in 2005 I set it up as pop. But that means I get duplicate downloads into each of the 3 mail.apps where the pop account is set up in mail.app.

3. The TMO PODCAST on itunes said that comcast does offer imap accounts which is great as all the changes get saved up in the comcast servier if they are right. This was this week's 12.7.2011 podcast - so really recent.

So - I thought I could not do this but I wanted to ask the experts in comcast (I am in zip 98660 with the internet from comcast) CAN I SWITCH TO POP? ARE THERE PLUSSES AND MINUSES - again my goal is to have my 3 macs have synced email.

THANKS A BUNCH

MERRY MERRY ~ 

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: CAN I GET IMAP ON MY APPLE MAIL.APP in SNOW LEOPARD? I have comcast as pop right

It is my understanding that Comcast does not offer IMAP mail for residential customers. They may offer if for business class customers which may be why the podcast people thought it was available. As far as I know, residential customers are stuck with POP.

I am a customer like you, but I can be more pushy sometimes. I asked about this in October 2011. I received a confirmation from a Comcast employee that should know that IMAP is not offered for residential users at this time.