Email Expert
Latoque
Accepted Solution

Local Address Books in Thunderbird

I'm on an iMac, running Snow Leopard.  Yesterday, by accident, I deleted my OS X address book from the left side panel in Thunderbird, where it lets you pick addresses after just typing in one or two characters in the To: line.  I've tried both Thunderbird and Apple help files, and can't find out how to put it back in there.  The actual address book is just fine and intact on the computer, it's just not in that list of local books in that left panel when you're in the compose page.

Anyone know how I can put it back in there?

Thanks in advance

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.
Regular Contributor
OriginalMacRat

Re: Local Address Books in Thunderbird

Latoque wrote:

Anyone know how I can put it back in there?

In Thunderbird, click on the Address Book icon to open the address book window.

Pull down the FILE menu and select USE MAC OS X ADDRESS BOOK.

Email Expert
Latoque

Re: Local Address Books in Thunderbird

That did the trick.  Thanks.

But you know, no matter how many different ways in Thunderbird help I asked the question, I could find no reference for how to do this.  I tried several different word combinations including the words "address book", and got zip.  In fact I got answers to every question except the one I asked.  That's why I don't like "knowledge base" help files.  If you don't know exactly how to ask the question, the answer could  be there, but you'd never find it.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
These are customer to customer support forums. We are paying customers just like you. We volunteer our time to try and help other customers with how-to help, and troubleshoot problems if we can. We can't look at your account. The only Comcast employees in the forums are those with their names in RED.