Visitor

Mail: can't receive but can send

can't receive email through Comcast POP to Mail but can send

am receiving email at Comcast online, but want to be able to get to it more quickly through Mail

am receiving email at Mail from IMAP used by  a college email

I suspect  that it has to do with the account settings but they look fine to  me.

What should the settings be?

Email Expert
CCCarole

Re: Mail: can't receive but can send

mistcamp wrote:

can't receive email through Comcast POP to Mail but can send

am receiving email at Comcast online, but want to be able to get to it more quickly through Mail

am receiving email at Mail from IMAP used by  a college email

I suspect  that it has to do with the account settings but they look fine to  me.

What should the settings be?

See if this link helps you:

http://forums.comcast.net/t5/E-Mail-Help-Forum/Managing-your-Email-in-Mac-OSX/td-p/778503

Need Email Help? Please post the following information in your post.
Do you use XfinityConnect? The Full or Lite version?
Do you use an email client? Which one? (Eg; Windows Live mail, Outlook, a smartphone etc.)
Which browser/version do you use? And- have you cleared your browser cache?
Which operating system? XP, Vista, Windows 7, Mac OS X
Details of the problem you are having.

Visitor

I got the answer.

The various suggestions on forums didn't help.   I finally paid $38 for online help with an immediate answer (after about a 5 minute wait and a little confusion) .  

Mailbox in the toolbar has an option of going offline for each server (?) I use.  The Comcast server was offline.  How it got there I am not sure.   But I think that in a hurry the day that I lost incoming mail, a window popped up that I closed immediately without really looking at it, just assuming that if I didn't click on anything I wouldn't be changing anything.  so it goes.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

You didn't say that there was a squiggle icon next to your account in the sidebar. For those of us who use Mac Mail, it's glaring. The people who don't use it wouldn't know to ask.

So it's a good reminder to go to Mailboxes / Take All Accounts Online.