Visitor

Printing from MAC in Photoshop

I am able to print from Word or other forums I print from.  But, I am unable to print from Photoshop.  I get the message "Cannot send message using the server smtp.comcast.net:she-la.  Please help.

Networking Expert
Weil

Re: Printing from MAC in Photoshop

I fail to understand what Comcast has to do with a printer assignment.  Where is the printer?

sam

Visitor

Printer Message When Trying t o Print in Photoshop

Cannot send message  using the server smtp.comcast.net:she-la

Visitor

In the same room.  3 feet from the computer

Visitor

The printer assistance line told me the problem was with my Internet provider

Networking Expert
Baric

It sure sounds to me like you have Photoshop setup to print to email as opposed to an actual printer.  I don't have Photoshop so I can't provide specific instructions, but I would think when you go into the Printer setup in Photoshop there is the option to chose various printers, just pick the one that corresponds to the printer you have setup in Apple -> System Preferences -> Print and FAX.

Mac Expert
Joel

I do have Photoshop here and see nothing regarding email. I'm curious how the poster is attempting to print the desired image from PS (File>>Print; Command + P, etc.)? Also, what version of Photoshop (or is it not PS but Elements or Lightroom)?

Networking Expert
Baric

Well assuming it's not a built-in Photoshop feature, then how about a printer queue setup with a fax by email service or something similar?

Mac Expert
Joel

I'm thinking that either Elements or Lightroom has an "Email Photo" feature similar to iPhoto, however, since they're not integrated with X as the iLife (or even the iWork) apps are, they need to be configured for SMTP (since they probably use a built-in emailer rather than the system default). People constantly wonder why Adobe does some of the things they do, this would probably qualify as one of them.

Networking Expert
Weil

From Photoshop Elements Help (The last line says it all):

Photoshop Elements enables you to share photos by e-mail. You can either attach photos to an e-mail or embed a photo in an e-mail using Photo Mail. You can also share online albums and share photos by burning them to a CD/DVD. Since Elements Organizer enables efficient organization and management of media files, you can start the share operation in Photoshop Elements and complete it in Elements Organizer. Elements Organizer enables you to select the required media files for sharing. The Share tab in the Photoshop Elements provides the following options to share photos:

Online Album

Enables you to share the albums. E-mail Attachments

Enables you to share photos as e-mail attachments. Photo Mail

Enables you to use a wizard to embed your photos in the body of an e-mail message, with colorful custom layouts (stationery).

Note: Photo Mail is not supported in Mac OS.

sam