Contributor
FRCLYDE
Accepted Solution

Send button, Spell Check, Text

Three problems:

1.  When clicking different items such as this forum, the "send" button is grayed out and will not work.

I have to copy the address on a new E-mail and then type message. 

2.  Spell Check formerly worked as intended, the spelling error is underlined & hi-lilted & when I click it,

I am provided several spelling options and can add a new one if desired.

Now, the spell error is not hi-lilted and nothing is offered in way of correct spelling to select.

I assume I must have changed something, but no idea what. 

3. I need to have options stay as Text otherwise when I start to type, nothing shows.  I have to change

to Text first every time.  

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: Send button, Spell Check, Text

Which web browser are you using? Which version of it?

Contributor
FRCLYDE

Safari for months.  Version 5.1.2

Thanks for reply.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

I'm not sure if you are referring to this forum or Xfinity Connect (web-based email). 

For spell-checking in Xfinity Connect, when it gets selected in spell check, click on it with the control key held down. That's a right-click and will show a menu. Here, you get a pop-up panel.

#3 works okay for me with Xfinity Connect and Safari. I'm not sure about #1 and what you are trying to do.

I suggest clearing the Comcast cookies. Preferences > Privacy > Cookies > Details > search for Comcast > select them > Remove > Done

If you installed the Comcast toolbar, remove that entirely. 

Anyone else have any ideas?

Contributor
FRCLYDE

Holding Control Key worked.  Interesting as prior to problem, I never needed to hold this key.

Removing the other items failed to make a difference.

Thanks very much for your time and suggestions.  I am deligned the Control Key option worked.

Contributor
FRCLYDE

Hopefully someone will have ideas on the Send Button and Text.  I should not have to establish a new

message to reply, but as Send key is grayed out, no choice.

The Text Issue I can live with.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

The control key is a substitute for the right button. You may have inadvertently changed your mouse button settings although I thought it previously worked with the normal click.

I don't know what to suggest for your other problems because I don't understand where/how/when they are happening. How does it differ from what I'm doing below?

The message you want to reply to needs to be selected/highlighted like so:

XCsafariReply.jpg

When I choose Reply, I get this:

XCsafariReplyCompose.jpg