Frequent Visitor

how to delete an email contact

can someone tell me how to delete an email contact.  i have already deleted it from my address book, but i still keep receiving bogus email messages.  i immediately delete them, put them in trash and empty trash.  but i want to permanently get rid of this contact.  has my email been hijacked? 

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Re: how to delete an email contact

You're getting email from someone that you don't want? You can filter those message into the trash.

How precisely to do that will vary with how you are reading email. Describe that further ... Mac Mail? Which version?

New Visitor
injun31

How do I delete someone from my address book ?  And also, when I want to write an email there is always a number 1 in that space ?????

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

Both of you, please state what you are using to read mail. Are you using the built-in Mac email program that has the postage stamp icon? Or are you using the web-based Xfinity Connect?

I could guess that injun31 set up a signature that has the number 1 in it, and that is why there is a 1 in the text. I could suggest opening the Address Book and deleting the contact. I could suggest going to the Window menu (next to the Help menu) and choosing Previous Recipients and then searching for the person to remove. But I don't know what program you are using or what you are really trying to do.

Email Expert

jud1013 wrote:

but i still keep receiving bogus email messages.

If the problem is with mail that you're receiving, nothing you do in your address book will stop this. Anyone can send you email, they don't have to be in your contact list.