Visitor
Accepted Solution

Add music to my web page

Does anyone know if you can upload music to your web page if so how? I was able to upload music files to the file manager but how do I put it on my website? Also is it possible to make the music play when the web page is opened
Bronze Problem Solver

Re: Add music to my web page

driftir wrote:
Does anyone know if you can upload music to your web page if so how? I was able to upload music files to the file manager but how do I put it on my website? Also is it possible to make the music play when the web page is opened

This question has been asked and answered many times in this forum. Yes you can add music to your web pages. If you are using the comcast web page tools they strip out html tags like the <embed> tag so the best approach is to create your web pages on your own computer using any html editor then upload your page and music files using ftp to your comcast web page space. Do not use the comcast file manager or web building tools and templates unless you only want the most basic of pages (no embedded music).

Use the search function at the top of this page and you'll find detailed descriptions including the html code needed in order to do what you want to do.

Web Page Expert
BethKatz

As Fishman noted, you can't do this using the Comcast page building tools. You can add a link to the file on your Comcast-tool-built page.

However, searching for 'embed music' in this forum didn't yield as many useful responses as you'd expect given how frequently we've discussed the subject in the past few years. Try this thread link. Remember that file names are case-sensitive and that it's best to not include spaces and strange punctuation.

I have an example page showing HTML code for embedding a music file on a web page at:

http://home.comcast.net/~bethkatz/mediaPlay.html 

Networking Expert
Baric

I just have to chime in with my opinion - resist the urge to make a "musical" page that plays music automatically when visited.  It's really bad design and annoying as heck.  Now a link to play something at the user's request is fine, since the asked for it.

Just my opinion.