06-27-2012 11:57 AM - edited 06-27-2012 11:59 AM
06-27-2012 12:32 PM
06-27-2012 02:07 PM
Ok, I finally figured out a solution and figured I'd share it here in case someone adds an .htaccess file to their personal web page via FTP and experiences the problems I did. (I don't know if this is the best/only way to fix the problem, but it worked for me.)
The trick is to create a new .htaccess file that is completely blank, i.e. no text or anything whatsoever. Then upload that to where the first one was uploaded. Everything works again, from what I can tell.
06-28-2012 04:35 PM
I gather you couldn't just delete the .htaccess file you had added? Maybe use FTP?
Anyway, Comcast does not support the .htaccess files. And password protection is not supported by the Comcast server. You can see things when you are logged in, but from a web browsing view, files are either visible or not.
You can fake it as I did in the example page below where the password is thePassword:
10-05-2012 09:28 AM
THANK YOU SO MUCH.
Such a simple solution too. I deleted the file originally, but didn't have luck restoring functionality.
In 30 seconds of googling to see if the issue had any updates, you've solved a problem I couldn't get past Comcast.
©2011 Comcast | Investor Relations | Press Room | Corporate Blog | Privacy Statement | Visitor Agreement | Comcast.com Feedback | Site Map