Regular Contributor
Accepted Solution

Can no longer edit PWP

as of oct 27, I have no longer been able to edit my PWP.

I am Grandmama, limited computer skills, own a very small used car lot in a rural area, internet sales has helped keep us afloat.

up until oct 27, I was able to delete vehicles as they sold, then add new inventory to my page -New Inventory. No longer can do.

I need Comcast high speed to process/laser print  Temp Tags for the state, etc, and appreciate the "free" PWP included in my Comcast Business Account package, but not if I cannot edit it.

We have not changed user name nor password.

Also, I can only open my personal webpage by clicking link in my "favorites". The "counter" is no longer counting visits, either.

Any ideas,suggestions would be appreciated. CM

Service Expert
Again

Re: Can no longer edit PWP

km2841 wrote:

as of oct 27, I have no longer been able to edit my PWP.

I am Grandmama, limited computer skills, own a very small used car lot in a rural area, internet sales has helped keep us afloat.

up until oct 27, I was able to delete vehicles as they sold, then add new inventory to my page -New Inventory. No longer can do.

I need Comcast high speed to process/laser print  Temp Tags for the state, etc, and appreciate the "free" PWP included in my Comcast Business Account package, but not if I cannot edit it.

We have not changed user name nor password.

Also, I can only open my personal webpage by clicking link in my "favorites". The "counter" is no longer counting visits, either.

Any ideas,suggestions would be appreciated. CM

Since you have a business account, you're probably going to need to contact business services on this one.  We deal with residential PWP accounts here.

"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Regular Contributor

Thanks for fast response..

I am going to stop in at local Comcast office first thing monday morning. I really need this up and running asap.

thanks again, CM

Service Expert
Again

[ Edited ]

km2841 wrote:

Thanks for fast response..

I am going to stop in at local Comcast office first thing monday morning. I really need this up and running asap.

thanks again, CM

I don't know that the local office would be able to help you with this.  You should call your business support number instead.

Message Edited by Again on 11-07-2009 05:34 PM
"When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be."
--- Lao Tzu ---
"Life is not linear. It's all a circle. Our dust becomes the firmament on which the future walks."
--- © James Scott 2014 ---

Regular Contributor

so check this out..after nearly 2 weeks of trying everything under the FLA sun, I post to this forum in desperation yesterday, check back this afternoon to find a message from Comcast in place of the "lost connection" message I have been receiving, telling me the PWP wil be down at most for a few hours, due to updates/improvements,etc.

I closed and re-opened , you know, give it one more try, and sure enough, it is back up and running..Hallelujah Brother..it must be Sunday.

I was able to edit, delete most of vehicles sold , add new lower sale prices on current inventory..darn it, we need it ..

If you have the time, check out our link, (below, if it is still working)  Any feedback is greatly appreciated.

My next challenge will be figuring out how to establish a "vanity" (?) domain that I can add to our highway sign.  With traffic flying by fast (speed limit is 55 mph) a simple KEVINCARSALES. something or other is essential.

Thanks for your time and interest...Carol McDonald

link- http://home.comcast.net/~km2841/site/?/home/